I started reading travel blogs, A LOT of them, and I was inspired by how many people were actually travelling solo because of the same reasons I just said. So I said to myself "why not me?" and the plans began and this blog was created!
While trying to plan a solo trip I just got so excited - still am - about the possibility of finally travelling to everywhere I've always wanted to go. The possibilities are millions and there are no limits to what you can think about doing as you arrive to the new city/country. Wait! I'm lying! There is one thing to me that requires special attention with this solo thing: going out at night. For starters, I'm not a very night out girl - I much rather enjoy the day from the moment the sun goes up till it goes down -, but if I want to know a city/town entirely, I'll have to enjoy the night too. So what can I do in order to still be out at night, but be safe and not be stupid? The only thing I could think of was the location of the Hostel. Even if I have to pay just a little more for location, if i stay in a central place with lots of restaurants, bars and shops, I will automatically be safer because there will be many people in the streets at night. Problem solved!
Now, why travelling solo might be the answer to my problems?
- I Like to walk my own way while I'm in a new city - While solo I won't have anyone telling me "we should go that way"
- I Like to check my city map all the time - While solo I won't have anyone annoying me with "just let go of that stupid map"
- I Like to wake up early when I travel - While solo I can wake up with the sun if I want to and I won't have to worry about waking up other people who only get out of bed at noon!
- I rather enjoy daylight than nightlife, so going solo may allow me to wake up early and don't go to bed too late and do things my own way.
- I can see things at my own pace! - I've never been a huge fan of museums (but I'm learning to like it) and because of it, when I go to a museum with someone I see everything in about 30 minutes which I think It's a lot already, but I always end up waiting on other people who take 1 or 2 hours to see everything - going solo I can choose If I really wanna go see the museum, see it in 5 minutes or take 3 hours to see it.
- I want to travel and no one ever wants to come with me because they don't have money, already have plans, are working or already been to where I want to go - Going solo will end this problem, since I can schedule a trip whenever I want to and not worry about other peoples availability
In the end, travelling solo has a million advantages and I believe it will help me grow and end my fears all at once. I admit that it scares the crap out of me, but I guess "It's not about being fearless, it's about acting in spite of fear."